We are looking for an experienced new team member who will, in line with the Group’s research strategy, conduct investment and thematic research on innovation tech and their applications to industry, as well as wider themes of interest to the Group (e.g. sustainability, geopolitics, etc.).
- Combine bottom-up fundamental analysis and top-down thematic research to identify innovation companies and their exposure to applied exponential technologies (Singularity Sectors).
- As part of the investment office, work closely with the CIO, CEO, and Singularity Think Tank to research value-adding innovative technologies and related companies. You will provide the groundwork for us to understand the relevant supply chains and identify leaders and beneficiaries in the space. Participate in investment strategy committees.
- Conduct calls with companies and network with industry and Think Tank experts for research purposes on a regular basis.
- Prepare company analyses with a focus on driving innovation.
- Analysis of proprietary and publicly available data on innovation and company fundamentals to extract insights.
- With Investment Office: Model growth rates of key technology focus areas and assess a company’s competitive landscape.
- Work closely with the Chief Communications Officer and marketing to turn research findings into communication and content pieces targeting key prospects, the general public, and media.
- Innate/natural curiosity and strong interest in subject matters relating to innovation and technology.
- Self-starter, dedicated, highly motivated personality with strong analytical, structural and conceptual skills as well as the willingness to learn and experiment.
- Ready to thrive in a non-corporate environment, take responsibility and ownership, go the extra mile.
- Team player
- Hands-on experience in fundamental equity research
- Strong writing and communication skills in English and German
- 5+ years experience as an equity analyst, quant, or similar
- Master degree / background in natural sciences, economics or finance helpful
- Additional qualifications such as PhD, CFA, CAIA, CESGA etc. are a plus
- Excel wizardry and solid programming skills (e.g. Python/R) are a plus
- Experience with statistical modeling, time series analysis, data gathering, and handling a plus
Please send your CV, a motivational letter, and your reference letters to Maja Gajic: email@example.com .